Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
Each and every single person, irrespective of their present situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be certain that you don’t think that disaster be it manmade or natural is not able to cause harm or danger to you and your property. We are all prone to experiencing the effects of disasters. It is vital that you know as many disaster preparedness guides as possible in order to help you survive during the worst case scenario. Now, in the extent of this article, we could not mention all of the disaster preparedness tips. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Be certain that you are knowledgeable as to how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and especially gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. In addition, make sure that you have a cash on hand because there is a pretty high chance that the ATM will not be working in case that a couple of stores are open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Be certain that you allot some time to learn how to do first aid as well as CPR techniques. It will definitely be worth it to take some time to learn on how to save the life of another person or yours.
7. Be certain to set a meeting place or a reunion point designated for all of your household or family members to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. As a result, be sure to know what prone to happen in your place.